A message to Year 1 parents/carers:
You should supervise your child's access to online material. This means you should:
- check that what they are seeing, hearing and reading is suitable for their age and level of maturity (even if it is a website recommended by school);
- use parent controls to limit access to websites (you might need to learn how to do this);
- limit their time online so that they don't become overstimulated or overtired; and
- discourage screen time just before bedtime.
A message to Year 1 children:
- You should always tell your parent/carer if you intend going online and tell them which website you are using.
- You should stick to websites that are suitable for your age so that going online is fun.
- If you see or hear something that bothers you in any way, tell your parent/carer immediately.
- Remember, if someone online tricks you or forces you to say or do something that seems wrong, don't keep it secret, tell your parent/carer.