CHANGES TO FREE SCHOOL MEAL ENTITLEMENT from 1st April 2018.
Who is eligible for free school meals?
- Income support
- Income-based jobseeker's allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- National asylum seeker support
- Child tax credit (provided you’re not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Working tax credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit.
- Universal credit with annual net earned income of less than £7,400
Parents can apply for free school meals if they receive one of the benefits listed above.
If you think you fit the criteria above, you can:
- Or call 0116 454 1009 (Option 3). Make sure you have your national insurance number when you call.
Changes to the eligibility criteria for new free school meal claimants from 1st April 2018
Universal Credit will eventually replace Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit, Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance and Employment and Support Allowance. Therefore from 1st April 2018, Universal Credit claimants who have annual net earned income of less than £7,400 will be entitled to claim free school meals for their children. This figure excludes social security benefit income, so some households will be able to receive a total of up to £24,000 annually from earnings and benefits combined and still qualify for free school meals.
The schools Tuscasi system is currently unavailable. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.
Paying money to school online.
If you are a parent/carer of a child at Medway you can register to pay for your child's school meals and milk online.
You will need your letter from the school with your information and codes. This has been sent to all parents/carers but if you have misplaced it we can generate another for you. Please see Mrs Shaw if this has happened.
Just follow the link below and you can register yourself. You will need a current email address and also a bank debit card to be able to pay using the online system. You can do this using a computer, I-pad or smartphone.
Below, you will find some pdf documents that will assist you with this process.
Please contact the school if you have tried to register and had a problem - we may be able to help you.