All children should now be back at school unless:
Please call the school office should you require further information.
Department for Education coronavirus helpline
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm – Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm – Saturday and Sunday
With children potentially spending more time online, we would like to offer you some support and guidance with regards to online safety.
- We would firstly like to remind you to continue to be vigilant in overseeing what your children are accessing online.
- Double check that you have parental controls set on all devices - mobile phones, tablets and computers.
- If children are using sites such as Youtube to watch educational videos, make sure you monitor the content that they are accessing - many of these sites contain inappropriate adult material.
- Please try to limit the amount of additional screen time your child has each day, as this can negatively affect sleep patterns, eyesight and mental wellbeing/mood in children.
If children have any concerns whilst online, they should inform an adult
There are also the following websites for support:
https://www.childline.org.uk/ - for support
https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/ - to report and remove harmful online content
https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/ - for advice on making a report about online abuse
Further information for keeping children safe online:
· https://www.internetmatters.org/ - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
· https://www.lgfl.net/default.aspx - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
· https://www.net-aware.org.uk/ - for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
· https://parentinfo.org/ - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
· https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/ - for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
· https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/ - advice for parents and carers
We also refer you back to the E-safety section of our school website (found under the CHILDREN tab) for further information and support.
If your family needs support, or if you are struggling with obtaining basic household items such as food and toiletries, please contact Miss Hartley or Mrs Bristow. They will happily contact you to discuss referrals to Open Hands.
Miss Hartley - email@example.com
Mrs Bristow - firstname.lastname@example.org
Use this form to contact us and we will ensure your message is seen and responded to.